Welcome to Silver Innings Blog, Good Day

Powered by IP2Location.com

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The cost of ignoring Alzheimer's : India data 2010

Alzheimer's is a chronic syndrome characterised by a progressive deterioration in intellect including memory, learning, orientation, language, comprehension and judgement. It mainly affects older people;only about 2 per cent of cases start before the age of 65 years. After this, the prevalence doubles every five years, becoming one of the major causes of disability in late-life.

According to India Dementia report to be released on 21st Sep 2010 at New Delhi at National Dementia Summit:

In India, 90% of the cases of dementia are actually Alzheimer's disease

In 2010, India is home to 37 lakh PwD (People with Dementia)

1 out of 50 normal households will have a PwD and 1 out of 16 households with at least one older member will have a PwD

Every third household has a person older than 60 years living at home

The societal cost of dementia for India is estimated to be $3. 4 bn

The total treatment cost per person with dementia is Rs 43, 285 annually

After age 65, the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's roughly doubles every five years

At the age of 85, the odds of a person developing it are close to 50 per cent

The annual estimated worldwide cost of dementia care is $604 bn

If dementia care were a country, it would be the world's 18th largest economy

Low-income countries accounted for just under 1 per cent of total worldwide costs (14 per cent of prevalence); middle income countries accounted for 10 per cent of the costs (40 per cent of prevalence) and high income countries for 89 per cent of the costs (46 per cent of prevalence)

Prevalence of Alzheimer's reported from Indian studies amongst the elderly range from 0. 6% to 3. 5% in rural areas and 0. 9% to 4. 8% in urban areas

By 2026, more than 5 lakh PwD are expected to be living in Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra

Rajasthan, Gujarat, Bihar, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu have between 20, 000 and 40, 000 PwD

Compared to 2006, Delhi, Bihar and Jharkhand are expected to witness 200% increment in the total number of dementia cases

Jammu and Kashmir, UP, Rajasthan, MP, West Bengal, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Uttaranchal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are expected to witness a 100% increase in Alzheimer's cases


Source: http://www.timescrest.com/life/the-cost-of-ignoring-alzheimers-3496

4 comments:

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from dementia , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son suffered dementia and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from dementia and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of the doctor who had the herbal cure to dementia . I never imagined dementia has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. dementia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony

Unknown said...

I would be ungrateful if I decided not to share our success experience with ZOMO, I was a born caregiver, so it’s hard for me to look at my own needs as separate from my Dad’s needs. Most patients just need someone to hug them and tell them that they are not worthless, the treatment I tried not only worked but I believe cured him.

He was diagnosed in 2011. I took Dad to the GP after noticing that he had become increasingly forgetful and vague. The clear sign that something was wrong came when he drove his car to the local shops (a five minute drive), bought his shopping, then walked back home, forgetting the car was parked outside the shop. The next day he rang me to say the car had been stolen. He had no recollection of leaving it behind. After a week he began to repeat himself and ask the same questions. He would struggle to remember conversations that had only occurred five minutes earlier.

His situation was very complicated. I understand how one feel as a daughter and once caregiver, memory loss is so much more complicated. Many have been conditioned to think that traditional medicine has not found a cure for a disease. ZOMO have challenged this train of my thought. When he was ill, it was a tragedy, I endured, I was broken, I knew hardship, I was lost. But here I stand and I can tell you unequivocally that my Dad is cured. It is those of us who have been broken that understand the meaning of memory loss. As I look at the past and start writing this, tears of joy overwhelm me. I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better. It was one of my most difficult jobs and one that I poured my heart and soul into daily. Taking into account how well my Dad progressed in that space of time and now. There is no more memory loss symptoms for more than 6months now. The thing is, I get peace of mind when Dad is well taken care of: when he’s happy, I’m happy. Right now, it’s all about him…I always enter into his world so we can manage life together. We wake up every morning with a smile and we look forward to what the new day will bring. Reach out to him at charantova@gmail.com

Unknown said...

After months of my Dad's Alzheimer’s free, I think I owe the world a duty to share this testimony. It could help someone out there who needs to be free from Alzheimer’s like my Dad.

It started as a minor difficulty following story-lines. I was scared when he started having Poor sleep and noticed confusion with time or place. First it was at the tonic phase till it became more complicated that I had to see our family doctor. That was when he was 63 years old. I had questions without answers. My friends who never understood what I was going through abandoned me because they were too embarrassed to associate with him. The Confusion with time or places became frequent that was causing him severe discomfort everyday. It got more complicated that I had to make effort so it will not lead to heart disease according to research. I went in search for a cure because I was fed up of treatments and drugs. A lot of folks told me there was no cure to Alzheimer’s; that the best I could get was treatment to manage it, but I just refused to believe them. Thankfully, I read about Herbal medication for Alzheimer’s cure. I discussed with my doctor, he permitted me to try if it will work because Western Medication had dealt with him badly. When we started using Herbal Medication the confused about things which happens a few hours ago or yesterday was no longer frequent! Within 2months, I noticed tremendous changes he never had for 2 months of using English Medicine. For 9 months and counting, he have never had confusion about things which happens a few hours ago or yesterday not even for a second. I have been reaching out to people with Alzheimer’s telling them our story how they can get cured through Herbal medication that worked for my Dad. curetoalzheimer.blogspot.com You may contact the doctor via charantova@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogsite Disclaimer

The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.